Thursday 27 June 2013

Maths on my Invisalign Part 2

As promised, here's the next set of measurements, this time while Im on my Aligner #16. You can find the attachments sticking out from my study models here.. 

First Photo:
My Upper and Lower Study Models at Aligner #16.




Second Photo:
My Upper Model showing the Arch Length, Arch Perimeter and Intermolar Width at Aligner #16



Third Photo:
My Lower Model showing the Arch Length, Arch Perimeter and Intermolar Width at Aligner #16



Fourth Photo:
My Upper and Lower Models biting together on the Right Side View showing my Overjet at Aligner # 16


Fifth Photo:
My Upper and Lower Models biting together on Front View showing the Midline Shift at Aligner #16





So here's my new Measurments:

From Photo #2: 
Upper Arch Length: 31mm
Upper Arch Perimeter: 81mm
Upper Intermolar Width: 47mm

From Photo #3:
Lower Arch Length: 26mm
Lower Arch Perimeter: 69mm
Lower Intermolar Width: 43mm

From Photo #4:
Overjet: 7mm

From Photo #5:
Midline Shift to Right from the Upper : 3mm
Midline Shift to Left from the Lower: 3mm

Upper Arch Length - Lower Arch Length = Overjet including all teeth

31mm - 26mm = 5mm


So what do these numbers stand for??

1. My Upper Jaw has been expanding to accomodate my teeth and to relieve the crowding. (79mm to 81mm by 2mm) This means that from a tapered "U" or somewhat "V" shaped Upper Arch, my Upper Jaw is slowly being transformed to a nice "U" shape.

2. My Lower Jaw is doing the opposite. It has been contracting because it was previously flared out. (71mm to 69mm by 2mm)

3. My overjet or my "jotting" out front teeth retracted by 3mm! Now, that is a huge difference! (from 9mm to 3mm). So when you look at my photos, my two front teeth doesn't look like Bugs Bunny Teeth Anymore.

4. My Upper Jaw's length has tremendously changed as to its length from 43mm to 31mm!! That's 12mm difference! Major improvements are seen from my Upper Jaw

5. My Lower Jaw doesn't show very much significant differences since there's only 1-2mm changes. I guess, I really do not have much issues with it anyway..

6. My Upper and Lower midline is slowly coping to meet each other at the center. Especially my the shift to the Left which started at 5mm and now to 3mm!

These are my own calculations and this just to share with you how impressive Invisalign can be not just visibly but also through numbers. Till next time.. Can't wait to finally finish and reach my end result!




1 comment:

  1. An interesting dialogue is price comment. I feel that it is best to write more on this matter, it may not be a taboo topic however usually individuals are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers. Clear braces Kettering

    ReplyDelete