Wednesday 12 June 2013

Dental Appointments Starts from Here


Erratum: I started on my Invisalign Treatment in October 21, 2012. I just happen to keep all my notes in my computer and wasn't brave enough to "blog" about it online.. So for better understanding of the time frame, please refer to the actual dates on my blog entries. Thank you!


21 October 2012, Sunday

This is it! I finally got my first set of aligners! (vocab: Its the transparent retainer-like material that I am going to wear that will get my teeth straight.)

To start on the treatment you will be needing the following dental appointments:

1. Consultation and assesment of your case. This visit includes the taking of:
  • radiographs - Panoramic X-ray and Lateral Cephalogram
  • study models - with alginate (soft dental impression material) - a model of my teeth
  • rubber impression - with PVS (rubber impression material) - the accurate mold of my teeth
  • photographs 
    My models were sent to Invisalign US to be analyzed.

2. Clincheck appointment - the virtual simulation of my teeth which will show my teeth transformation from crooked to finally the perfect straight one. (This is like wow! Really? Im gonna look like that?) Quite a state of the art I must say.

3. Invisalign Aligner Issue
For my case, I have 31 sets of aligners. My #1 happens to have no attachments (vocab: The tooth-coloured tiny squares that they will be bonded to the teeth to anchor the aligners) So I can just easily put it on. This will now give me the feel of how it is.


I need to wear the aligners for almost 22 hours a day (vocab: the only opportunity I can take it out is during eating!!) Wow! This really needs a lot of compliance. I must say, you must really, really like to achieve  your goal and get your money’s worth and comply as instructed.

So then, I did put it on, it was quite easy to put in, but I can feel pressure and there’s a weird feeling all over my mouth. 

1) It feels like all my teeth has  this something that pushes it constantly  
2) There is a glossy smooth thing covering all over my teeth. It can get pretty overwhelming on the first time I put it on, but as my day goes by with it, I adapt easily. 

Although there is one drawback, you have to be very cautious everytime you would like to eat, you have to take it out, and boy, whenever I take it out there’s a pool of saliva on my aligners! (It’s kinda gross, but it actually makes me want to brush my teeth more!)  Now I need to adapt to a new routine. Before eating, take it out, rinse it. After eating, brush my teeth, brush my aligners and put it back. But I think, I’m gonna be fine with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment